Princess Abiye Tobin-Spiff is multi-talented. She is an actress, a dancer,a radio presenter, and movie producer. She is originally from Bayelsa State, born in Port-Harcourt. Her acting career started from Harbour Girls Secondary School in the 90s. She obtained BA in Theatre and Performing Arts at the prestigious Middlesex University, London UK 2011.
According to Princess, Acting is a passion; from a very young age growing up in Nigeria she knew this was her path but you know what parents are like when it comes to being an actress. I decided on my own to enroll for a degree course in theatre and performing arts when I have tried other things just to please my mum which never worked as I never completed them. The truth is it does not pay the bills, so you are forced to take up a job to sustain you and your family, but saying that am hoping that will change as the industry is picking up in the UK in terms of distribution. The challenges as always is the fact that most production do not have budget and you have bills to pay and at the same time you have passion for your craft, so you often leave a set feeling angry because you know the situation at home coupled with your bills which off course no one would understand. I decided to go self-employed to see how I can start producing and how difficult it is when it’s self-funding, experience the challenges of bankrupt. The truth is I am not giving up because I’ve not come this far.
Determined Princess Abiye in recent interview said: “I don’t know if you can get rich doing this but I guess once your face is known there are better paid opportunities. Yes for me it’s my career path and am working towards improvement to getting better at what I do.”
Princess was nominated in 2014 for Zaffa award and Baffta Award, haven been in the acting scene since 2006 on Ben Television sky 182 and other sky stations in a weekly TV series called EVERYDAY LIFE where she played one of the lead character, it has been a very long journey. My advice to those embarking on this journey is it’s really not an easy road,it takes time and patience to see the benefit straight away but then it’s what you really have passion for, go ahead but have a second job that will keep you going until you get that big break. I can be reached via facebook as Princess Abiye Tobin-Spiff Okusanya , on my like page Princess Abiye, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Princess have featured in several projects mainly in the United Kingdom. Princess Abiye has just collaborated with Mr Emmanuel Olabode to Produce her first film called Saving Grace in which she played Grace the main character with her 6year old daughter Eliza Okusanya, ….movie directed by Emmanuel Olabode and shot in London.
My recent shoot in Nigeria with Joseline Dumas, Joseph Benjamin and Mr Mckenzie is still on post-production so look out for it.
Princess featured in AMINA a feature film Produced by Christian Ashaiku where she played the role of mum to Omotola Jalade see youtube for trailer, movie to be released 2016..
Princess Abiye, went on to act with Rita Nzelu in INTERNATIONAL GAMES where she played Rita Nzelu’s Boss check trailer on you tube and movie is out on DVD in Nigeria now also on YouTube. MTN EVERYWHERE YOU GO ADVERT is an advert shot in the UK by our very best Mr. Obi Emelonye where she played the mum in Nigeria receiving MTN credit see you tube.
This rising star has featured in the following:
• Oxford Gardens an Obi Emeelonye’s film as Mrs Onuohia showing on African Magic, see the making on youtube.
• Second Wife A JOT Production directed by Nelson Spike.
• Saving Grace Movie Produced by Princess Abiye and Directed by Emmanuel Olabode see youtube for trailer and making.
• The Gift A nollywood tv production showing on nollywood movies sky 329.
• Kingmakers Produced by Nicholas Bervany.
• Enchanged Movie Produced by Abigirl Irving see you tube for trailer.
• Rendezvous short film directed by Emmanuel Olabode out on youtube,
• Oga Ditective Produced by Feancis Uwadi out on youtube.
• Menace in post production.
• Bloodtype A Toyin Moore production out soon.
• Broken Cross A star galaxy media production.
• The Soul A Sidy Diallo production out on youtube played mum to main character.
• On my return Produced and directed by Christian Ashaiku played along side Joseph Benjamin, Joselyn Dumas and David Mackenzie.
• Housewives and Girlfriends tv series produced by Rhoda Wilson, directed by Nelson Spike played the character Gina showing on African magic.
• Café Afrik Ike Enyioko=Bakers see trailer on youtube played Miriam.
• International Games Produced by Rita Nzelu and drected by Tchidi Chikere played boss to Rita out on youtube.
• Amina Produced by Christian Ashaiku played Omotola Jalade’s mum to be released 2016 see youtube for trailer.
• Natasha De Prodigal Produced by Abiola nollywood factory. see youtube for trailer
• Final Round produced by elementz out on youtube.
• Complicated..produced by Barbara Newton.
The Gift is another short film with Nollywood movies shot in the UK where I played the Priest, showing on Nollywood TV.
Rendezvous is another short film directed by Emmanuel Olabode which was nominated in 2014 check you tube for this exciting short film (Rendezvous short film by Emmanuel Olabode)
Look out for this rising star with more exciting things, like me on Facebook Princess Abiye , Like my movie page Saving Grace Movie.
© 2016, srtv. All rights reserved.